Google and Blogger, at least when I got the warning yesterday, made my post into a draft after it received a DMCA take-down warning for this post (from the dimwitted IFPI who doesn't know how to get with the (online) times) instead of its usual ask-no-questions auto-delete methods. This is a welcome change, as a music/movie/media/pop culture blog, its nice to have some warning then to see a post get deleted. As you can see, I removed the infringing copyright material and still allowed the viewers (you guys!) to sample the music. Once September rolls around, I'm going to figure out how to integrate iTunes into this whole mess...

If this change is permanent, I welcome it (as it is about damn time!) as we know Google (for the most part) are forerunners for electronicrevolution...but not necessarily freedom...

PS - came on to fix the posts I posted below - mobile posting seems to not support link creation so I gotta figure that out. Enjoy!

EH

Find the latest in stars * media * hype+ * sports * fashion

@ STRKNG LIGHTS BLOG

Bookmark and ShareShare

(0) Comments