"I can't find the words right now to express how deeply sadden [sic] I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones."
- Justin Timberlake

"I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."
- Madonna

"I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones."
- Paul McCartney

"I can't stop crying, this is too sudden and shocking. I am unable to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his kids and the family."
- Diana Ross

"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children who I know were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."
-Lisa Marie Presley

"I must confess I am not surprised by today's tragic news. Michael has been on an impossibly difficult and often self-destructive journey for years. His talent was unquestionable but so too was his discomfort with the norms of the world. A human simply cannot withstand this level of prolonged stress."
- Michael Levine, publicist

"I knew Michael as a child and watched him grow over the years. Of all the thousands of entertainers I have worked with, Michael was THE most outstanding. Many have tried and will try to copy him, but his talent will never be matched."
- Dick Clark

"Michael Jackson was my generation's most iconic cultural hero. Courageous, unique and incredibly talented. He'll be missed greatly."
- Russell Simmons

"We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through. He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many."
- Dionne Warwick

"Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity. Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe."
- Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

"He was a true musical icon whose identifiable voice, innovative dance moves, stunning musical versatility, and sheer star power carried him from childhood to worldwide acclaim. A 13-time Grammy recipient, Michael's career transcends musical and cultural genres and his contributions will always keep him in our hearts and memories."
- Neil Portnow, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences president

"Michael Jackson was my musical God. He made me believe that all things are possible, and through real and positive music. He can live forever! I love Michael Jackson. God Bless him."
- Wyclef Jean

"Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana, and our hearts are heavy, heavy here. Michael Jackson was the world's greatest entertainer but more than that he was great humanitarian and a great, humble individual. The people of Gary, our hearts are full of tears because of the loss of Michael Jackson."
- Gary, Indiana, Mayor Rudy Clay

"Peace to the King. ... He was one of my childhood idols. I salute you King of Pop. You made the whole world moonwalk together."
- LL Cool J

"I am very sad. No one will be able to replace him. But I know that the light that he emanated from the stage will live on with all of us who saw him for what he was and always will be -- a great teacher, pure musical inspiration."
- Ricky Martin, pop star.

"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life! He made me believe in magic."
- Sean "Diddy" Combs, rapper, record producer and entrepreneur

"Michael Jackson will live forever through the thing that he put all of his life energy into: his music. ... Long live Michael Jackson."
- Ne-Yo

"I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news . . . He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."
- Quincy Jones

"I was lucky enough to know and work with Michael Jackson in his prime. Michael was an extraordinary talent and a truly great international star. He had a troubled and complicated life and despite his gifts, remains a tragic figure."
- John Landis (director of Thriller)

"I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend."
- Corey Feldman

"It feels like when Kennedy died, when Elvis Presley died; we are not only talking about a talented person dying, it's an amazing loss."
- Celine Dion

“I’m still trying to hold on to the glimmer that it is not true. It is too surreal for me to absorb that Michael is no longer with us."
- Uri Geller, psychic

"Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100 per cent original. We will always love, miss and remember your greatness."
- Ice-T

"My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael. He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing."
- Brooke Shields

"I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player." and "I truly hope he is memorialized as the '83 moonwalking, MTV owning, mesmerizing, unstoppable, invincible Michael Jackson."
- John Mayer

"You cannot say enough about what he has given to us musically and culturally. We take for granted people like him. ... All he wanted to do was give us great music and that's what he did. Every single day was dedicated to us.''
- Jamie Foxx

On a side note, apparently Michael Jackson may have recieved an overdose of his daily medication of Demerol from his doctor - who has conveniently gone missing. More on this as the story progresses.....

EH

Find the latest in stars * media * hype+ * sports * fashion

@ STRKNG LIGHTS BLOG

Bookmark and ShareShare

(0) Comments