I can't believe its finally Friday - having that one day off in the middle of the week can throw your groove off so badly - I haven't had decent sleep since I slept in on Wednesday... *sigh


I don't think I need to explain this one...

With yesterday's trade between LA and Houston (essentially a one for one deal with both sides paying the same amount (give or take)), between LA Lakers and Ron Artest, and Houston Rockets and Trevor Ariza, I can't help but have a bittersweet taste in my mouth - I don't like Ron Ron, and Ariza is amazing....but I will admit, Artest has really good defensive skills and can bring some fire into an already smooth team. As well, if Kobe can make Artest work and get his shot going like he did with Ariza (something like 3 made three-point shots the previous year prior to this one, and then 80-something afterwards?), not only will you have a legitmate scoring/rebounding/passing threat, but also a guaranteed championship-caliber team - which nicely counters the moves the Orlando Magic made and what the Cleveland Cavaliers did last week.

Align CenterHmmm...

What bothers me the most was that Ariza could have signed with so many other contending teams...but I guess if you want playing time and want to establish a name for yourself, you gotta start from the bottom (oh wait, you can't - you just won a championship with Kobe Bryant). All I can say is, good luck Ariza (and good work alienating your LA fans)...and welcome (*shudder*) Artest.

With that being said, I think I'll do a weekly wrap up, plus maybe a few media posts on Sundays from now on - I don't have (as much) time to spend on the Blog on the weekend, so Saturday will also be more of a condensed effort.

I can't wait for the work day to be over - going to go eat all you can eat sushi ($13 for lunch!), and sushi again for dinner...and then probably get some R&R as I forgot to buy ankle insurance (and got owned playing soccer).

Check out the new Eminem music video, some updates on Ron Ron & Ariza, Public Enemies Trailers + Info, and a new Ne-Yo track - all @ streakinglights.blogspot.com (shameless plug, I know).

EH

Find the latest in stars * media * hype+ * sports * fashion

@ STRKNG LIGHTS BLOG

Bookmark and ShareShare

(0) Comments