LeBron pushed to the edge?

5/27/2009 07:25:00 PM 0 comments


LeBron seems to be at his edge in terms of trust in his teammates. His running mates, especially Mo Williams, have been there for the large majority of the season and post-season...until now. With his team missing shots, the bench failing to produce all game, and James himself having 8 turnovers in the 4th quarter alone yesterday, it doesn't seem like a good time in Cavaliers town as the series has a do-or-die waiting for them at home in Clevaland. As NBA.com reports:

"As he was after Game 3, LeBron James seems to be disappointed in the performance of his supporting cast.

"Those guys definitely made shots the whole first half, and it was good to see that," he said. "Mo definitely put a lot of pressure on himself and he played well. And I think our bench came in in the first half and gave us a great lift."

Notice the two uses of "first half." After halftime, LeBron's teammates shot 11-for-27 (41 percent). That's not terrible. Delonte West had a pair of big buckets, but the only basket by the Cavs' bench after halftime was Ben Wallace's dunk off a feed from LeBron.

Later in his presser, LeBron talked about the predicament of being down 3-1.

"We are looking forward to the challenge," he said. "I know I am. I'm up for the challenge, and I think my play, my leadership has spoke for that. So, I will be ready, and I think our guys will be ready also."

Those two italicized sentences may be an indication that the MVP, who has been so willing to pass the ball when it's the right play, may be losing faith in his teammates."

Even LeBron can only do so much on his own...

So how's the game going to end up tomorrow? I can imagine it being similar to Kobe in the 2006-2008 years of selfish ball play and massive amounts of points. But as we saw in the ending minutes of yesterday's game, LeBron can only play so much on his own before losing the ball and missing shots he normally has no problem making.

My prediction? Magic win it 4-1 tomorrow night.

EH

Find the latest in stars * media * hype+ * sports * fashion

@ STRKNG LIGHTS BLOG

Bookmark and ShareShare

(0) Comments